Listen, I get it – when you’re showing your students the chambers of the heart, you want to have “Total Eclipse of the Heart” playing. And, when you teach your class about the food chain, you need “Hungry Like the Wolf” rocking out of your speakers. But, guess who doesn’t get it? Google. No audio in Google Slides. Sorry, no music for you.
Step by step instructions are below the GIF.
- Insert > Video
- Search for & Insert the video for the song you want from YouTube
- Right Click, Video Options
- Select “Autoplay when presenting”
- If desired, set a specific start time
- Make the video tiny
- Rock out when in presentation mode
- Keep in mind – your song will stop when you move on to the next slide, so plan accordingly
Note – this is a copyright gray area (or worse), for sure. I always try to use Vevo videos, because we at least we know that those were uploaded by the companies that own the rights to those music videos.