Nyree Clark joins the show to share a set of observable practices that we could see a culturally responsive practitioner using in their classroom. Also, I talk about LMSs and share how to use pivot tables in Google Sheets to select the highest test score for each student.
Listen on . . .
. . . and anywhere else that you listen to audio!
- Soapbox Moment: THROWBACK – “What I learned from a beard and glasses”
- Today’s Guest: Nyree Clark – Nyree is an EdTech Curriculum Program Specialist for the Colton Joint Unified School District. She is a founding co-member of #EquityInActionCA and was appointed to the Instructional Coaches Advisory Board for Future Ready Schools Organization. She is very passionate about amplifying the voices of the unheard through culturally responsive teaching pedagogy.
- 2 Truths & 1 Lie
- Educational Duct Tape Question: “What are some observable practices I would see a culturally responsive practitioner do in their classroom?”
- Culturally Responsive definition – “Act of bringing all of the child and even teacher into the classroom to make connections to content and amplify the learning.”
- Ready for Rigor Framework – AWARENESS, LEARNING PARTNERSHIPS, PROCESSING, COMMUNITY
- Awareness – Teach reflection and learn about their own cultural lens
- Here’s where I got the spreadsheet calendar template. I’ve modified it to create my own version – if you want it, email or DM me!
- Original Prompts of Depth & Complexity
- New Prompts of Depth & Complexity Descriptions
- Content Imperatives
- Depth & Complexity Picture Icons
- Equity In Action CA Website
- Equitarium Events
- Celebration of the Adjacent Possible
- Audio Endorsements for Jake’s Book:
- Ways to Support the Show or Connect with Jake & other Duct Tapers!
- Grab a signed copy of Educational Duct Tape: An EdTech Integration Mindset