#EduDuctTape — EduDuctTape.com — @JakeMillerTech — JakeMiller.net — JakeMillerTech@gmail.com
Show Notes: jakemiller.net/eduducttape-episode-44
- Support for Today’s Episode comes from Pear Deck – peardeck.com/learn-pear-deck
- Show Your Duct Taper Pride!
- Certificates of Listening, Laughing, and Learning!
- Listen to the whole show to hear the “super-secret code”!
- #EduDuctTape Twitter Chats
- Access the calendar! – bit.ly/EduDuctTapeCalendar
- Thanks to The Mighty Ducts! Molly Klodor, Nanci Greene, Pam Inabinett, Sarah Kiefer, Alex Oris, Amy Huckaby, Angela Green, Brandy New, Dan Stitzel, David Allan, Jennifer Conti, Kimberly Wren, Lisa Marie Bennett, Matt Meyer, Melinda Vandevort, Melissa Van Heck!
- The JakeMillerTech Newsletter – Sign up! jakemiller.net/newsletter
- Today’s SoapBox Moment – Flexible Learning with EdTech: And/But
- Tools mentioned:
- Hearing from Students: Flipgrid, Screencastify, Loom, Screencastify Submit, Nearpod, Pear Deck, Seesaw, Padlet
- Interactive Instruction: Flipgrid, EdPuzzle, Nearpod, Pear Deck, Formative, Seesaw
- Feedforward Opportunities (feedback): Screencastify, Loom, Screencast-o-matic, Seesaw, Kami, Flipgrid, Mote
- Accessibility: Immersive Reader, TextHelp Read & Write, closed captions, audio in Google Slides, Chromebook Accessibility features
- Tools mentioned:
- Today’s Guest: Holly Clark
- Holly is an education thought-leader, international speaker, best selling author and an advocate for students. She is the co-author of The Google Infused Classroom and Microsoft Infused Classroom and author of The Chromebook Infused Classroom. She lives in San Diego, CA.
- Contact Info: @HollyClarkEdu Twitter, Insta and Tik Tok, Facebook.com/groups/infusedclassroom
- 2 Truths & 1 Lie
- Educational Duct Tape Question: How can I leverage blended to rethink assessment to yield richer information about student learning and growth? (rethinking assessment in the digital age)
- “We need to really think about assessment as getting into the minds of our students.”
- In a richer assessment… students can reflect, advocate for specific feedback, explain
- “Now, I can put that onus on the student to explain to me their learning journey. And then, each of my students becomes an individual to me instead of a same-content, same-time, same-way.”
- “Press Record”
- Assessment of Prior Knowledge
- “Voice and Choice is not Individualized Instruction, it’s Individualized Outputs.”
- “You can’t be a good writer and you can’t be a good reader until you’re good orally. But we shut down the oral in classrooms. And then we’re like ‘Oh we don’t have good writing scores or reading scores.’ ‘Uh, let me come fix that for you . . . in Flipgrid.’”
- Holly – it may take students as much as 3 weeks to get to the point of leaving articulate, well thought out responses in Flipgrid.
- Tools for a “Press Record” Mindset:
- Celebration of the Adjacent Possible!
The school bell sound used is from here: https://freesound.org/people/13FPanska_Stranska_Michaela/sounds/378394/