In April 2021, I had the opportunity to be a guest on The Peg Doesn’t Fit, a podcast where the hosts Erich Stephen and Ryan Bartel discuss frustrations with the educational system and provide solutions. We spoke about some of my thoughts on edtech integration, professional development, coaching, and more!
Continue reading #EduDuctTape BONUS: The Peg Doesn’t Fit
Kasey Bell, host of the Shake Up Learning Podcast, and author of 3 books including the new Blended Learning with Google, joins me to talk about making blended learning meaningful and dynamic. We hear about her 5 “beyonds” of blended learning and her tips for using choice boards in the classroom.
Continue reading #EduDuctTape – Kasey Bell – Dynamic Blended Learning with Shake Up Learning
Dr. Desiree Alexander of EducatorAlexander.com joins the show to talk about formative assessment with videos in the classroom. Desiree and I discuss Edpuzzle, PlayPosit, Razor Arts, Nearpod, and more! Plus, I’ve got a BIG announcement to share!
Continue reading #EduDuctTape – Dr. Desiree Alexander – Formative Assessment in Videos
In January 2021, I had the opportunity to be on one of my favorite sources of educational technology learning: Kimberly Mattina’s YouTube Live + Podcast, The Suite Talk. In this appearance, I share some of my favorite ways to kick off my class periods with smiles and laughs. I focus on Pear Deck, but the ideas can be used in other platforms, too.
Continue reading #EduDuctTape BONUS: The Suite Talk, “Kick Of Your Lessons with Fun Activities”
This bonus episode features plenty of laughs, tons of fun, and a handful of edtech tips. Tune in to hear me join Meredith Akers, Darryl Legaspi, and Elizabeth King as we have some fun, do some improv, learn about the Google Slides Master Slide, and try out one of my favorite Pear Deck activities!
Continue reading #EduDuctTape BONUS: ImprovEDCon with Meredith Akers, Elizabeth King, and Darryl Legaspi
This bonus episode features an episode of the Education Today podcast where I was fortunate enough to join Scott Nunes to talk about teaching during the pandemic, edtech after the pandemic, Pear Deck, Nearpod, Flipgrid, Otus, Schoology, speech translation tools, transcription tools, Adobe Spark, and more!
Continue reading #EduDuctTape BONUS: Education Today with Scott Nunes
This bonus episode features a roundtable discussion from the Teachers on Fire podcast about educational technology tools in 2020 and 2021. I am joined by Tim Cavey, Chris Nesi, Gabriel Carillo, Eric Guise, Scott Nunes, and Alfonso Mendoza, to talk about more than a dozen edtech tools!
Continue reading #EduDuctTape BONUS: Teachers On Fire – EDTECH PODCASTERS Shout Out the Best Learning Tools of 2020
Recording this episode with Knikole Taylor put a huge 😃 smile 😃 on my face right when I needed it. We had so much fun talking and I think you’ll have a blast listening. You’ll barely even notice that, by the time you’re done, you will have learned about 7 different tools for #FormativeAssessment (Pear Deck, Nearpod, Jamboard, Padlet, Mentimeter, Formative, and Classkick)!
Listen on YouTube here
- Today’s Sponsor: Texthelp – You can sign up for a free teacher account at text.help/equatio-fft
- Soapbox Moment: Teachers > Bowlers
- Today’s Guest: Knikole Taylor
- Bio: Knikole Taylor serves as the Instructional Technology Coordinator for Life School. Through personalized support, Mrs. Taylor works with teachers and teacher leaders to craft professional goals to extend their scope of instruction and meet the needs of all learners.
- Contact Info: Twitter: @knikole
Continue reading Knikole Taylor: Formative Assessments
Listen on YouTube here
- The JakeMillerTech Newsletter – Sign up! jakemiller.net/newsletter
- Soapbox Moment: The Shortest Soapbox in Show History
- Today’s Guest: Mr. Casey Hall
- Bio: Casey is a Fine Arts Education Program Specialist at the Georgia Department of Education where he supports Fine Arts Teachers across the state of Georgia. At the time of the recording, he was the Fine Arts Support Teacher (FAST) for Fulton County School (FCS) and the Music Specialist at Wolf Creek Elementary in Atlanta, Georgia. As a FAST (Fine Arts Support Teacher), he coached and supported other music teachers across the Fulton County Schools. Most recently, he was awarded the title of 2019-2020 South Learning Community Teacher of the Year for Fulton County Schools.
- Contact Info: @mrhallpass (Twitter/Instagram)
Continue reading Casey Hall: EdTech in Music Classes
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/16854368/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ffab40/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/eduducttape/BrandyNew-EduDuctTape-Min015.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”ffab40″ libsyn_item_id=”16854368″ /]
Listen on YouTube here
- Episode Sponsors:
- Today’s Guest: Robert Kaplinsky
Continue reading Robert Kaplinsky: Teaching Mathematical Problem-Solving Digitally