There are multiple options for creating animations (GoAnimate, Scratch, etc.) but my favorite way to do it is creating Stop Motion Slides. I like that I can make it exactly how I want it in this format. I think this has tons of potential in all subject areas (Please comment or share on Twitter with the hashtag #StopMotionSlides if you come up with any cool uses for it).
There are two main steps:
- Create a Google Slideshow where each slide is an incremental change from the previous one (like a flipbook).
- Open the slideshow up in Presenter view and use a screencasting tool (i.e., Camtasia, Screencastify, Screencast-o-matic) to record it as a video.
Here are a few of my tips for making it quick:
- Ctrl+D or ⌘+D to Duplicate Slides
- Use Arrows to Move Smoothly & Incrementally
- Move in groups when appropriate
- Rotate things incrementally
- Change Colors gradually
- Use Transparency
- Use Ordering