Tisha Poncio, Digital Portfolios, Student Tech Teams, Google Sites, Wakelet, Padlet, Buncee, Google Slides, Microsoft Sway, bulb, Seesaw, and more!
Episode Notes Available at: jakemiller.net/eduducttape-episode-47
- SoapBox Moment: Booboos & Caterwauls
- Today’s Guest: Tisha Poncio
- Tisha Poncio has served in education for the last 20 years as a teacher (English, Web Design, Graphic Design, Computer Information Systems, & Broadcast Journalism) and as a digital learning specialist t for the last 12 years. She’s a Google Certified Trainer, Wakelet, Flipgrid & Buncee Ambassador, and was named a finalist in 2018 for Instructional Technology Specialist of the Year in Texas.
- Contact Info: @TXTechChick on Twitter, Empowered Educator on Facebook, @TishaPoncio on Wakelet, or email at email@example.com
- 2 Truths & 1 Lie
- Educational Duct Tape Question: How can I have my students do digital portfolios?
- Curation for multiple purposes
- Resumes & portfolios – “The Resume is the promise, the digital portfolio is the proof.”
- Student leadership tech team – SWAT (Students Who Advocate Technology) team, 10th graders
- “Students are not being taught how to be reflective on their talents”
- Single-point rubrics – resource from Jennifer Gonzalez, Cult of Pedagogy
- Resume tools – Canva or Adobe Spark
- Let the kids pick the tool – “There’s a way, not the way.”
- Digital Portfolio tools
- Website Tools – Google Sites, Wix, Weebly, WordPress
- Bulletin Board Tools – Wakelet, Padlet, Webjets, and Google Jamboard
- Presentation Tools – Buncee, Google Slides, PowerPoint, Keynote, Microsoft Sway
- Buncee is great for lower grades, has great templates and graphics available
- Large Scale Tools – bulb, Seesaw
- Celebration of the Adjacent Possible!
- Show Your Duct Taper Pride!
- Certificates of Listening, Laughing, and Learning!
- Listen to the whole show to hear the “super-secret code”!
Video created by David Allan!