Scott Nunes, Building Rapport with EdTech, Google Forms, Microsoft Forms, Flipgrid, Microsoft Presenter Coach, EduProtocols, Gimkit Kitroduce Yourself, and more!
Episode Notes Available at: jakemiller.net/eduducttape-episode-46
- Support for Today’s Episode comes from Pear Deck – peardeck.com/learn-pear-deck
- SoapBox Moment: “Who’s Keeping Score?”
- Today’s Guest: Scott Nunes
- Scott is an ELA Teacher turned Edtech Coach, with a focus on PBL & amplifying student and teacher voices. Scott is an MIE Expert & hopes to become a Google Innovator soon. Additionally, he loves all things edtech and 3D printing. Scott has two podcasts: TNT Edtech (with Matthew Ketchum) and Education Today.
- 2 Truths & 1 Lie
- Educational Duct Tape Question: How can I build rapport with my students?
- Be real, be fun, bring the energy
- Be REAL – Tara Martin – tarammartin.com
- Surveys – Google Forms, Microsoft Forms, Flipgrid
- “Tell me about a time in your life that you were successful OR a time in your life that was a big challenge for you?”
- Flipgrid Videos, developing onscreen content
- Presenter Coach in Microsoft PowerPoint and coming to Flipgrid
- A built-in add-on that gives you automated feedback and suggestions about speaking speed, volume, filler words, and also identifies profanity
- Digital Checks for Understanding Wakelet collection
- Activities in Jamboard or other similar tools – Four Corners, Gallery Walk
- Sketch ‘n Tell or Cyber Sandwich EduProtocol in Nearpod
- Bring your face and your voice into your content
- Calling & contacting families
- Kitroduce Yourself – Gimkit – Kit Collab
- Flipgrid – What’s your name?
- Celebration of the Adjacent Possible!
- Apple Podcast Review – none! – go leave one so that you can be included next time!
- #EduDuctTape tweets of the fortnight – @BradShreffler
- Educational Duct Tape Flipgrid Community:
- Show Your Duct Taper Pride!
- Apple Podcast Reviews! #EduDuctTape! Tell a Friend!
- The Duct Tapers Facebook Group – facebook.com/groups/ducttapers
- Stickers! Want to pass some out? Want some for yourself? JakeMiller.net/SendMeStickers
- Certificates of Listening, Laughing, and Learning!
- Listen to the whole show to hear the “super-secret code”!
- Citing My Sources:
Bravo! Love the creativity and I am sure students do as well!!
Thanks, Jan! It’s great to hear from you!