If you’ve ever created assignments in Google Docs, Slides or Drawings for students to complete, you’re all too familiar with this struggle: students accidentally deleting, moving or modifying elements of the assignment.
Well, in Google Slides, there are 2 ways to prevent this from happening and here’s the easier of the two: put the content of the assignment in as a background. Then, the only way a student can delete, move or modify it would be to actually go into the background settings and change it…. which can’t be done by accident.
Let me show you how, first with an animated GIF and then with step-by-step instructions.
- Set up your slide with any text, images, etc.
- File > Download as > PNG Image (JPEG will work too)
- Clear off the slide.
- Click Background, then, next to Image, click Choose.
- Click the downloaded image file from Step 2.
- Voila! Send your assignment out in Classroom (or share it with students or have them make a copy).