If you’ve ever created assignments in Google Docs, Slides or Drawings for students to complete, you’re all too familiar with this struggle: students accidentally deleting, moving or modifying elements of the assignment.
Well, in Google Slides, there are 2 ways to prevent this from happening and here’s the easier of the two: put the content of the assignment in as a background. Then, the only way a student can delete, move or modify it would be to actually go into the background settings and change it…. which can’t be done by accident.
- Set up your slide with any text, images, etc.
- File > Download as > PNG Image (JPEG will work too)
- Clear off the slide.
- Click Background, then, next to Image, click Choose.
- Click the downloaded image file from Step 2.
- Voila! Send your assignment out in Classroom (or share it with students or have them make a copy).