In a separate post, I shared my love of Canned Responses in Gmail. What’s better than being able to save time by clicking on a “canned response” to send it out? Having your gmail do it for you! That’s right – if you always send the same response to messages containing the exact same phrase or from the exact same sender, then you can create a Filter that automatically replies with one of your canned responses. Super cool.
Tip: you may want to also select to archive the message, if you’d like it to also disappear from your inbox after the canned response is sent.
Step-by-step instructions are after the GIF.
- Set up Canned Responses. Instructions here.
- Type in the search box (click the little dropdown arrow if you want to just open it up.
- Identify what common element all messages in your filter will have (specific sender, specific text in message, specific subject, etc.).
- Click “Create a Filter with this Search.
- Click the checkbox for “Send Canned Response.”
- Select the desired canned response.
- Click Create Filter.
- Tip: you may want to also select to archive the message, if you’d like it to also disappear from your inbox.